Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So fast its ready by the time the water boils and pasta cooks. This is a very tasty cream sauce that isn't murder on the waistline. Its amazingly customizable with adding in fresh veggies, coooked shrimp or chicken... sure to be a regular on your busy weeknight menus.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 297.66 g can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml chicken broth or 118.29 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated (even the powdery kind is fine)
- Set water for cooking pasta on to boil. Cook pasta for time indicated on box, drain.
- While boiling water and cooking pasta, bring olive oil to heat over medium high in sauce pan.
- Add in onion, sautee for 5 minutes or until soft, add in garlic and continue to sautee for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, can of soup, broth (or wine), worchestershire and pepper, stir until smooth. Reduce heat to medium and bring to simmer.
- When sauce is thickened to your liking, stir in parmesan cheese then combine with the cooked, drained pasta.
Photos submitted. I changed the recipe up a bit for use of what I had in my kitchen. Sautéed spinach instead of onions, onion powder, garlic olive oil instead of chopped garlic; no Worcestershire sauce, no wine, no broth, no problem! Tasted great my way. Make it your own!
Very good sauce. I made a few additions. I added cooked chicken and frozen peas to the sauce as well as some half and half to thin it out a bit. Instead of wine or broth I used cream sherry. It's a keeper.
This recipe never says how much pasta to use. Bummer.