So fast its ready by the time the water boils and pasta cooks. This is a very tasty cream sauce that isn't murder on the waistline. Its amazingly customizable with adding in fresh veggies, coooked shrimp or chicken... sure to be a regular on your busy weeknight menus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (even the powdery kind is fine)
- 1Set water for cooking pasta on to boil. Cook pasta for time indicated on box, drain.
- 2While boiling water and cooking pasta, bring olive oil to heat over medium high in sauce pan.
- 3Add in onion, sautee for 5 minutes or until soft, add in garlic and continue to sautee for 2 more minutes.
- 4Stir in sour cream, can of soup, broth (or wine), worchestershire and pepper, stir until smooth. Reduce heat to medium and bring to simmer.
- 5When sauce is thickened to your liking, stir in parmesan cheese then combine with the cooked, drained pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Mushroom Cream Sauce With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 276.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup