1/3 Photos of Quick & Easy Mee Goreng
~Deux Petits Chefs!'s Note:
A quick and simple Indonesian Mee Goreng recipe with a touch of Indian spices, which is easy on the budget, but big on taste. To make the meal more nutritious and substantial, add chopped baby spinach leaves and an egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packets Maggi 2-minute noodles (Use IndoMee instead of Maggi for more authentic taste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (Or 2 cloves of smashed garlic)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 25 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 1According to the packet's instructions, boil noodles. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a shallow pan, add oil. When the pan is hot, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute or two.
- 3Throw in onions. Fry until soft.
- 4When onions are soft, add in green chilli. Stir fry for 3 minute
- 5Add in potatoes. Fry for 5min, then add chilli powder and carrots. Cover or fry until brown and soft.
- 6When potatoes are done, add tomatoes, and stir fry for another 10 minutes, or until tomatoes' juices have evaporated.
- 7In a large salad bowl, throw everything from the pan in, the noodles you had set aside earlier, the chopped coriander and toss in with the seasonings with the packet.
- 8Put on serving plates, add mozzarella cheese and let melt before serving warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Mee Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Maggi 2-minute noodles