Recipe by brokenburner
This recipe came about during a bit of a citrus spree... for the liquid, I used orange-flavored Fruit2O, but feel free to use milk, juice, etc....
Top Review by Sydney Mike
An interesting way to make pancakes, & for the orange-flavored water, I used the liquie from the mandarin oranges along with a small amount of orange flavoring! Worked very well for me! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup aunt jemima whole wheat pancake mix
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored water
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 4 1⁄3 ounces mandarin oranges, snack cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the oranges, reserving the syrup (if you'd like to use it as a topping). Chop the orange segments.
- Beat the egg white and salt with a wire whisk until stiff peaks form. Add the pancake mix, liquid, and baking soda, and mix until no lumps remain.
- Drop a quarter of the batter onto a lightly greased griddle or nonstick pan. When the pancake begins to bubble, scatter a quarter of the chopped orange segments over the top; after a few seconds, flip the pancake quickly. Cook a minute more. Repeat with the remaining 3/4 batter.
- If desired, serve with reserved syrup.