Recipe by litldarlin
I found this recipe in the newspaper last weekend, and wanted to try it out. Since the weather has been extra hot this past week, this worked out wonderful as a soothing and very refreshing dessert for my kids.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup superfine sugar, Domino brand
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- mint leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cream and sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Blend in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour into shallow pan.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Spoon into dessert glasses or ice cream cones.
- Garnish with mint and berries or lemon, if desired.
- Note: Use Mint leaves and any type of berries or very fine thin slices of lemon coated with granulated sugar for garnish.