Recipe by Anissa
My Mom came across this recipe when I was growing up. Much easier than the traditional lasagna because you don't have to cook the noodles first! Tastes even better the second day, if you have any leftover! (Serving size is a guess.)
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sauce and water in bowl.
- Combine ricotta, eggs and oregano in another bowl.
- In a buttered 13x9-inch casserole (3 qt.) spoon 1/3 of the sauce.
- Top with 1 cup macaroni, 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture and 1/2 mozzarella.
- Repeat layering with sauce, macaroni, ricotta and sauce.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Uncover and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes, serve.