Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughters gave me a copy of Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals 2 Cookbook and of course the first thing I tried was a dessert! Her recipe actually called for double the rum quantity but I found it way too strong so I have halved that measurement.
- 8 ladyfingers
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces rum
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 8 large juicy ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) package almonds, sliced (I would toast them next time)
- Cool Whip or heavy cream
- Separate 8 ladyfingers on work area.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the ladyfingers with the rum as mentioned, I have halved this original qty- her recipe calls for 3 oz.
- Line small glass dessert cups with the ladyfingers.
- Top with heaping spoonfuls of prepared vanilla instant pudding (about 1/2 cup) per dish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with sugar and toss to coat.
- Top the dessert cups with the strawberries and a dollup of coolwhip/heavy cream and sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve, or chill until dessert time.