Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Posted for a quick, weeknight bread, or as a snack. This is delicious, but quick and easy. I came up with this trying to match a bread we get from a local pizzeria/sandwich shop. Close, but not quite!
- 16 ounces French bread or 16 ounces Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, Shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread softened butter over the cut sides of the bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine the cheese, oregano and garlic salt; sprinkle over the bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve.
Who doesn't love a nice cheesy bread...I cut the recipe in half and used a small french loaf...I used a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese...made for FYC tag game...
Made and served with red lentil soup, this was perfect. I used seduction bread from Whole Foods and parmesan cheese. Thanks!
Other than using some garlic powder, made as written, made for a nice addition to last nights meal, White Cheese Lasagna#456149, a great compliment to dinner. Made for Zaar Stars.