Recipe by Julie
I like this recipe because, well, it's quick, easy, healthy, and, most of all, yummy. No special ingredients needed...just baking staples and a couple of ripe bananas. This recipe comes from "the best of Cooking Light" cookbook.
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combinen first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with whisk. Add flour misture to banana mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8x4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and place in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Good for up to a month.