Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I like this recipe because, well, it's quick, easy, healthy, and, most of all, yummy. No special ingredients needed...just baking staples and a couple of ripe bananas. This recipe comes from "the best of Cooking Light" cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combinen first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with whisk. Add flour misture to banana mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8x4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and place in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Good for up to a month.
Very good and excellent use of on-hand ingredients! I added 1/2 t. of vanilla extract and sprinkled pecans on the top before baking. Turned out great and no butter!
I just had a slice fresh from the oven and enjoyed it a lot. Next time I think I'll add some banana extract as I found it lacking a little in banana flavor other than that it was Quick, Easy, Healthy, Yummy Banana Bread..! BTW I made it exactly as written using splenda as the sweetener. Oh, I added nut to the top. Thanks
This is AWESOME! I used whole wheat flour for the extra healthy kick to the bread. My family told me it was the best recipe I have tried yet! Thank you for posting!