Recipe by rpgaymer
This a great recipe for those times when you want to eat something unique, but you don't want to spend a lot of time making it. This calls for common store-bought ingredients, but you can easily tweak the recipe. For example, sometimes I use 3 personal-size pizza crusts instead of one large pizza crust, and you can easily just use shrimp if you can't find the frozen seafood mix.
Top Review by Annacia
Yummy. I have stuffed calamari in the freezer and used that for my base ingredient. Defrosted one (they are big) and removed the seafood stuffing (which included crab) and scattered that over the pizza, cut the calamari into rings and added them then some raw shrimp. It turned out to be delicious. Thanks RP for a new way to do pizza. :D
- 1 whole-wheat pizza crust, 10-12 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 lb mixed cooked seafood (such as shrimp, mussels, & squid)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Lightly brush the top of the pizza crust with about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Then, spread the sauce over it, and bake for ten minutes.
- Pat the cooked seafood dry using paper towels, then arrange on top of the pizza. Then, sprinkle the chopped garlic and parsley on top of that.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the pizza and return it to the oven. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the seafood is warmed through and the crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.