Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This hamburger soup is quick to make for people on the go. It's tasty and kids love it. It's a weekly meal in this house as it's also a great value for feeding a large family.
- In a large soup pot brown the beef with the onion, celery and minced garlic.
- Drain the fat from the beef and stir in the dried spices, tomato sauce and the water.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and cheese, parmesan cheese.
- Cook until noodles are al dente (cooked but firm).
- Add the peas and carrots and cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread and creamy butter.
My family did not like this recipe because it is too bland, and mine ended up more like a goulash than a soup. The cheese from the package did not mix well either. I should have listened to the other reviewer and added more spices and used beef broth. I might try this again because it's quick and easy.
Very good, but a little bland for my taste. The recipe calls for 6 cups of water; I used 3 cups water and 3 cups beef broth, instead. I upped the dried spices from 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp., I also added 1/2 tsp. cumin. That addition perfected it, in my opinion. Happy cooking!!