Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe for green beans (or at least before I tweaked it!) was seen in the June/July 2010 issue of Taste of Home cooking magazine.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch sections
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans in a steamer & bring water to a boil, then steam 8 to 10 minutes or until just crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the rest of the ingredients until butter is melted.
- Put beans in a serving bowl & drizzle them with the butter mixture, tossing to coat.