Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great dish for brunch, and a good way to use leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cubed new potato
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli (or any combination of leftover veggies)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in non-stick pan.
- Sauté veggies over medium high heat until warmed through, about 3-4 minutes.
- While veggies are in pan, scramble eggs and water.
- Add cheese and scramble until foamy.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Pour eggs over veggies in pan.
- Let eggs cook in pan until set-about 7-8 minutes.
- Run spatula around edge of pan, slide frittata onto serving plate.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
Pretty easy and nice to make with leftover veggies. I had a hard time getting all the eggs to cook on top. I would need to do something different next time. Couldn't be easier to do, aside from that though.
This recipe looked so easy that I had to try it on a hectic day when I wanted to make something nice for my DH. We both were surprised at how delicious it was! I added a chopped onion to the vegetable mix, adding a little less broccoli to compensate, and cooked them on medium low for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli and potatoes were tender. Since I had 5 eggs, I used them all up, beating them with some red pepper flakes and the cheese. It did take about 8 full minutes on low for the eggs to set with the bottom of the fritatta a beautiful brown. Next time I might top this with some sour cream and chopped tomatoes, or perhaps I'll get creative with other veggies in this easy egg dish. Elena, I'm so glad you posted this fritatta recipe, since I know we will be enjoying it for many years.