Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taco-seasoned ground beef simmered with tomato and rice is topped with salsa, cheese and lettuce for a tortilla chip-dipping meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- chunky salsa
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- tortilla chips
- Cook the beef and taco seasoning in a 10-inch skillet until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the soup, water and rice in the skilet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Top with the salsa, cheese and lettuce. Serve with the tortilla chips for dipping.
- RECIPE TIP:.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with carrot and celery sticks. For dessert serve chunky applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon.