Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a recipe that I stole from my mom. When we had roast beef and mashed potatoes, I always knew that if there was any left over, rare with 4 kids and always a lot of company, especially at dinner time, that there was a shepherd's pie in my future. One of my favs growing up and my mom made it so easy! * ! season the onions and carrots with salt pepper and a little ginger grated in, enough to enhance the flavor not overpower.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 4 small carrots, julienne style
- 1 1⁄8 cups beef gravy
- 1 (4 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- Sautee oniion and carrot in a skillet with EVO until translucent, stir in ground beef to brown, salt, pepper to taste, once meat has started to brown add beef gravy, (I use the left over gravy from pot roast) but you can use any prepared gravy you like. Bring that to a simmer. While that is simmering prepare the Simply Potatoes, Tradition Mashed Potatoes. according to the package directions.
- Now preheat oven to 350; cover bottom of baking dish with ground beef mixture, spoon mashed potatoes on top and bake for 30 mins or until mashed potatoes are browned on edges. ENJOY.