1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Creamy Wild Rice Soup
This is the quickest, easiest Wild Rice Soup recipe I've ever encountered, and it tastes good, too! Simple to finish on the stovetop, and a perfect warm-up meal for winter. Add spices to suit your family's taste; this is a very basic recipe for a nice, creamy, hearty soup. Prep time includes time to make rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g bacon, sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of potato soup
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of celery soup
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese (or another 'processed cheese food)
- 946.0 ml milk
- 236.59 ml milk
- 170.09 g box Uncle Bens wild rice, already cooked (NOTE ( I have not tried this with the new "Ready Rice" that is out in some markets but it probably)
- salt & pepper
- water, as needed, to give desired texture
- 1STOVETOP DIRECTIONS.
- 2In large stockpot, brown bacon and onion. Drain bacon grease if desired.
- 3Add all 4 cans of soup, along with all milk.
- 4Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a simmer.
- 5Add Velveeta cheese to simmering mixture; stir until combined & melted.
- 6Add cooked Uncle Bens Wild Rice; stir until combined.
- 7Add salt & pepper to taste, as well as any water, to give desired texture.
- 8Serve hot with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Creamy Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.5
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 2449.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Uncle Bens wild rice