Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the quickest, easiest Wild Rice Soup recipe I've ever encountered, and it tastes good, too! Simple to finish on the stovetop, and a perfect warm-up meal for winter. Add spices to suit your family's taste; this is a very basic recipe for a nice, creamy, hearty soup. Prep time includes time to make rice.
- 226.79 g bacon, sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of potato soup
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of celery soup
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese (or another 'processed cheese food)
- 946.0 ml milk
- 236.59 ml milk
- 170.09 g box Uncle Bens wild rice, already cooked (NOTE ( I have not tried this with the new "Ready Rice" that is out in some markets but it probably)
- salt & pepper
- water, as needed, to give desired texture
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS.
- In large stockpot, brown bacon and onion. Drain bacon grease if desired.
- Add all 4 cans of soup, along with all milk.
- Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a simmer.
- Add Velveeta cheese to simmering mixture; stir until combined & melted.
- Add cooked Uncle Bens Wild Rice; stir until combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, as well as any water, to give desired texture.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
Love this soup though I prefer to sub in 100% wild rice versus the Uncle Ben's. Really good and really quick!
This soup really is quick and easy! I used turkey bacon and a store brand processed cheese food. It was a bit salty and not as creamy as Velveeta so if possible use the real thing. Since the cheese was salty enough for us I did not add any additional salt. What a wonderful flavor and the cubes of potatoes from the canned soup added another great texture! The bacon added a smokey warm flavor that reminded me of scalloped potatoes and ham. Cant wait to have some for lunch tomorrow! Thank you WhoKnew? for a wonderful recipe I will be making again!