Recipe by WhoKnew?
This is the quickest, easiest Wild Rice Soup recipe I've ever encountered, and it tastes good, too! Simple to finish on the stovetop, and a perfect warm-up meal for winter. Add spices to suit your family's taste; this is a very basic recipe for a nice, creamy, hearty soup. Prep time includes time to make rice.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (or another 'processed cheese food)
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) box Uncle Bens wild rice, already cooked (NOTE ( I have not tried this with the new "Ready Rice" that is out in some markets but it probably)
- salt & pepper
- water, as needed, to give desired texture
Directions See How It's Made
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS.
- In large stockpot, brown bacon and onion. Drain bacon grease if desired.
- Add all 4 cans of soup, along with all milk.
- Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a simmer.
- Add Velveeta cheese to simmering mixture; stir until combined & melted.
- Add cooked Uncle Bens Wild Rice; stir until combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, as well as any water, to give desired texture.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.