A delicious and simple tomato pasta sauce which I've been using for years and is the first one I taught my kids how to make. The fresh garlic at the end, uncooked, is what makes it really tasty. I hesitate to post it because the cream will curdle if the heat is too high. It sometimes takes a couple of times before you get the feel of how much heat it will take. It will still taste ok, but won't look really yummy. Do remember to dilute the paste with water first. Very important. All quantities are flexible. Substituting with milk or garlic powder will absolutely not work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a saute pan on medium heat.
- 2Pour in the olive oil.
- 3Stir the tomato paste gently into the oil.
- 4It may not completely mix just yet.
- 5(Don't get the heat too high).
- 6Add the cream and stir into the tomato mixture.
- 7Heat it gently so that it almost starts to simmer.
- 8At this point it is done.
- 9Add the crushed garlic and fresh ground pepper.
- 10Serve immediately over or in your pasta, and garnish with lots of fresh chopped basil.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick, Easy, Creamy, Tomato Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 453.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g