Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Thanks to stuffing mix, these yummy crab cakes stay crispy golden on the outside and moist and fluffy on the inside! I got this recipe from a Kraft Foods magazine.
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix (Whole Wheat for a healthier cake!)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 3 tablespoons of kraft tartar sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of finely chopped purple onion
- Mix stuffing mix, water, mayo, crabmeat, tarter sauce and onion.
- Cover and refridgerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Shape 1/3 cupfuls of the mixture into patties, add to skillet in batches.
- Cook 3 mintues on each side or until golden brown on both sides, being careful when turning.
I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but it was a great idea! I was in the mood for crab cakes, I had canned crab, and I just happened to have leftover stuffing. I used a combination of mayo (less than in recipe, i don't really like mayo), pickle juice, chopped pickles and red onion and then dipped in bread crumbs and fried in spray. Delish and quick! Thanks for the great idea!