1/4 Photos of Quick & Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread/Cake
Delicious coffee cake/cinnamon bun dessert adapted from bakingbites.com. (Mixture starts out more like a batter than a dough, so please DO NOT add additional flour!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 2/3 cup warm milk (100-110F, low fat is fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in a measuring cup filled with the warmed milk, then stir milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture.
- 4Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 5While the dough rests, mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl using fingers until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly.
- 6Sprinkle evenly on top of rested dough and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingertips (or swirl in with a spatula.).
- 7Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350°F.
- 8Bake for about 25 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling.
- 9Let cool slightly and frost or ice as desired.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread/Cake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 121.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g