Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Delicious coffee cake/cinnamon bun dessert adapted from bakingbites.com. (Mixture starts out more like a batter than a dough, so please DO NOT add additional flour!)
Top Review by JPerez
Excellent taste and so easy to put together! I doubled this, baked in a bundt pan and shared it with my friends at work. Goodness, within 5 minutes of putting it at the coffee station, I had 3 people come to my desk to tell me how good it was! I subbed half of the oil with melted butter. Next time, I think I'll add some chopped walnuts to the brown sugar mixture. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 2⁄3 cup warm milk (100-110F, low fat is fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla frosting or confectioner's sugar icing
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Dissolve the yeast in a measuring cup filled with the warmed milk, then stir milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture.
- Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough rests, mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl using fingers until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of rested dough and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingertips (or swirl in with a spatula.).
- Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling.
- Let cool slightly and frost or ice as desired.