Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a girlfriend. Great for cold winter days and when you don't want to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen. I love to mix in about 3/4 tablespoon of sour cream and a bit of sliced green onion.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans or 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- chunky salsa
- shredded cheese
- diced tomato
- sliced black olives
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
- Cook beed, onion, and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned.
- Stir in beans, salsa, chilis, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low& cover.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
Wonderful, thick chili! This was really great, easy to make and it has a lot of flavor. I drained about 4 ounces of juice off the kidney beans as I wanted a little more liquid. We ate this so fast there was no time to use any of the suggested garnishes. Everyone loved this so I'll be making it many times this coming winter. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game