Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy chili recipe I got from a Pampered Chef recipe called Hearty Six-Can Chili I found a few years ago and just leave out the 10 3/4 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup. I love to make this and serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Yummy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90%)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place ground beef and onion in Dutch (6-qt.) Oven. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into small crumbles. Drain, if necessary.
- Open chili beans, tomatoes and black beans, Drain and rinse black beans.
- Add all ingredients including chili powder to meat mixture in Dutch Oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, over low heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
this was GREAT! and so easy to put together. I added a package of chili seasoning and 2 cans of sweet corn, undreained. Very, very good!
REALLY easy!! This took no time to make and tastes really good. I used a tablespoon of chili powder and could maybe use a bit more. This is a terrific base chili and next time, I will add a can of mushrooms too. The other thing is that I rinsed all of the beans because I don't like the sediment from the cans. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks Sylvia! :)