Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
need a quick and easy recipe that your family will love?? look no further!
Make and share this Quick & Easy Chicken Tostadas recipe from Food.com.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pre-cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- taco sauce
- heat oil & salt in a skillet and fry corn tortillas until brown and crispy.
- shred chicken and season with enchilada sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, season salt, cumin and garlic powder; heat in a small pot until the chicken absorbs most of the sauce. if you like onion you can saute some and add to the chicken.
- heat beans.
- layer beans, cheese, chicken, lettuce, diced tomato, top with taco sauce. serve with my spanish rice recipe.
Great tasting way to make tostadas using leftover chicken. The added spices blended nicely with the enchilada sauce for a taste that was flavorful but not too spicy. I also added some diced onions to the chicken mixture as suggested. I used some leftover grilled chicken and purchased tostada shells.
This is a great way to use leftover chicken. I like adding all that flavor with lemon juice, chili powder, cumin, and enchilada sauce. I did use store bought fried corn torillas to make this dinner even easier. Made for Spring PAC 08, thanks for posting.