1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Chicken Tagine
Inspired by Rachael Ray's 30 minute replica of this wonderful traditional dish. I serve it with brown rice, but also wonderful with cous-cous or other grains. Grilled plantains also introduce a wonderful sweetness to the mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed by a side of knife, Rachael Ray style
- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 8-oz breasts, each breast cut into large cubed pieces)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 10 pitted prunes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins (I prefer golden)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (grey works perfect)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- chopped cilantro leaf
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, add the olive oil and smashed garlic.
- 2Sauté onions for 1-2 minutes and add the chicken.
- 3Sprinkle on the spice mixture (cumin--cayenne). Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- 4Add the prunes, raisins, and chicken stock. Stir to combine, reduce to moderate heat, and cook covered for 8 minutes.
- 5Let simmer until near meal time. Remove cover and cook 2-3 minutes to help remove some of the moisture. Add more salt, pepper, or cayenne to taste. Top with cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Chicken Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 614.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g