1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Chicken-Sausage Gumbo
Chef #189605's Note:
This is a Southern Living recipe. It is delicious and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb light smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 -3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- hot cooked rice
- 1Cook sausage over high heat in Dutch oven 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 2Remove sausage with a slotted spoon.
- 3Drain on paper towels.
- 4Add enough oil to drippings in Dutch oven to equal 3 tablespoons, and whisk in flour; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes.
- 5Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Stir in broth and next 2 ingredients.
- 7Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Add sausage and chicken; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- 9Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Chicken-Sausage Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.1 mg
- Sodium 654.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.9 g