Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make and it tastes great! Originally from Southern Living. You may need to add another egg if your chicken breasts are large.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add chicken and brown on each side over medium-high heat.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and chicken is no longer pink.
This was awesome as others are stating. I put some sauce on the bottom of baking dish, added chicken and topped with more sauce and a combo of prov and mozz. Used seasoned panko. Simple and delish. Love me some Italian food!
Really is quick and easy compared to other sites. The method is very accurate and end result is very yummy! I would recommend halfing the quantity of chicken fillets if you are making for less than 4 people :)
This was good and easy to make. I made this for my husband for Father's Day as he loved chicken parmesan. I followed the recipe except that I used pam instead of butter in the pan. I also did this all on the stove as I didn't feel like heating up the oven. I also used sliced mozzarella cheese instead of shredded as that is what I had on hand. We all enjoyed this but my husband thought the coating needed a bit more seasoning. He said it needed some pepper and maybe some garlic powder.