Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is very easy to make and it tastes great! Originally from Southern Living. You may need to add another egg if your chicken breasts are large.
Top Review by Cheryl W.
This was awesome as others are stating. I put some sauce on the bottom of baking dish, added chicken and topped with more sauce and a combo of prov and mozz. Used seasoned panko. Simple and delish. Love me some Italian food!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add chicken and brown on each side over medium-high heat.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and chicken is no longer pink.