Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make and it tastes great! Originally from Southern Living. You may need to add another egg if your chicken breasts are large.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add chicken and brown on each side over medium-high heat.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and chicken is no longer pink.
This was excellent!!! I used a parmesan and romano blend and also used Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic sauce. I did not have any mozzarella Cheese for the top but I used extra sharp cheddar and it tasted fabulous... Thanks for this recipe I have made it twice already... ;)
this was really really easy and quick. I didnt have Italian breadcrumbs, only plain - so I seasoned it myself w/italian seasoning and garlic. I live on egg substitute and it worked fine for the eggwash. I just used jar sauce, un-doctored, and it was sufficient. Served atop tri colored pasta with some steamed italian green beans added in the pasta for some green. Also served with an italian salad. I also thought, to make it quicker, I might whip up a batch of the crumb/parm cheese mix and store in an airtight container for quick weeknight use. Thanks for the submission!
This was awesome as others are stating. I put some sauce on the bottom of baking dish, added chicken and topped with more sauce and a combo of prov and mozz. Used seasoned panko. Simple and delish. Love me some Italian food!