Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy and tasty chicken noodle soup, that is creamy and delicious!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium heat; brown chicken in batches, adding more oil as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan; saute onion, carrot, basil and oregano for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add chicken stock and mustard; bring to boil.
- Stir in spaghetti and celery and return to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until noodles are almost tender.
- Add chicken along with any accumulated juices; cook for about 5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Whisk flour into milk and gradually whisk into soup; simmer, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.