Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a nice dish when you're in a hurry. It jazzes up bottled spaghetti sauce nicely for those nights you don't have time make sauce from scratch. Serve with a caesar salad and some French bread and you have a quick, satisfying meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1lb.)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- In a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray cook chicken for approx.
- 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Don't over cook there is additional heating time at the end.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, basil, and Italian seasoning.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and red wine.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over pasta.
I screwed up the angel hair pasta, but other than that, great dish!
This is easy to prepare and tastes very good. I did cut the chicken breasts in bite size slices before frying as KC did - cooks up quicker and is easier when eating out of a bowl. Thank-you for posting!