Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Ortega website. Good way to use up leftover chicken. I make this often, and serve with shredded lettuce, diced white onion, and diced fresh tomatoes on the side. To warm tortillas, microwave on high power in a microwave-safe plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1/2-cup the enchilada sauce onto bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Combine chicken, 1/2-cup enchilada sauce, 1/2-cup cheese and chiles in medium bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.