1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Chicken a La King
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
Super easy & quick version of "Chicken A La King" using ingredients you most likely have on hand. Kid friendly, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in microwave-safe container, with just enough water to cover. Microwave on high until done/no longer pink in the center (12-15 minutes, depending on size of breasts).
- 2Dice cooked chicken and set aside.
- 3In small saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onions and carrots, with parsley, until tender.
- 4In separate small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, whisk until smooth.
- 5Add to saucepan/veggie mix, along with remaining broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, add frozen peas and cooked chicken. Boil for additional 2 minutes.
- 6Serve over mashed potatoes or hot, buttered noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Chicken a La King
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.3 g