Sara Westhead's Note:
A simple way to make this popular restaurant dish at your home. I sort of invented it by experimenting at home and it has become my husbands absolute favourite! If you'd prefer it spicy, just add some crushed red pepper along with the garlic, onion and cumin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can Chinese vegetables, drained (baby corn, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots)
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can Planter's fancy cashews
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package McCormick's chicken stir-fry seasoning packet
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 3 dashes onion powder
- 1 dash cumin powder
- sesame oil
- 1Dice chicken into small pieces, approx 1/2" to 3/4" cubed.
- 2Cut up onion into small pieces.
- 3Heat wok at high heat on stove, add a small amount of sesame oil to coat bottom of pan.
- 4When oil is hot, begin browning chicken by stirring continuously with chopped onion, garlic, onion and cumin.
- 5When cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- 6In same pan (you do not need to clean it!), empty can of vegetables into pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- 7Then, return chicken and onion mixture to pan.
- 8Add seasoning packet and just enough water to dissolve.
- 9Stir fry for three minutes.
- 10Serve with steamed white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 99.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Planter's fancy cashews
McCormick's chicken stir-fry seasoning packet