Recipe by Ashleybakes
This recipe was thrown together to try to mimic a hybrid between spinach dip & spinach Madeleine, but slightly less rich so it would be a suitable side vegetable without being overpowering. I think the cheeses would be interchangeable with almost any, I used what I had on hand. Monterrey Jack would probably be a great substitute for the italian blend cheeses
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (italian blend or other)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' chopped onion & minced garlic in butter until soft.
- Add fresh spinach (cut in thick strips) and defrosted or microwaved frozen spinach until wilted.
- Melt in the cream cheese, sour cream, and other cheeses. As your sauce develops and thickens, add your seasoning. If you are using feta cheese, throw it in at the very end.
- Do not overcook-part of the charm of this dish is the fresh taste of the baby spinach-don't kill it!