Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Shortcut with eggnog and pumpkin pie spice! I also like using leftover cinnamon rolls, cinnamon bread, or pannatone. Make it healthy with no sugar added bread, sugar-free hershey bars, splenda, soy or low-fat eggnog and fat free half-n-half. I also like using white chocolate chips or a white/brown combo. For a more unique flavor, use cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon (i use 1 TBS each because i like the spice) and add some rum extract. Add some nuts on top if you'd like.
- 10 -12 ounces bread, day old, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 32 ounces eggnog
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 -3 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Add bread cubes and chocolate to greased 13x9 baking dish with chocolate chips.
- In large bowl, whisk eggnog, half-and-half, spices, extract, sugar and eggs. Add mixture to bread and chocolate. Let sit 10 minutes to allow bread to soak. Dot with butter. Bake 1 hour, 5 mins or until bread looks browned on top. Serve warm with dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg and crushed nuts if desired.