This is a quick version of the old time favorite. Its a great way to use up the leftover steak, tri-tip, roast, etc. This is a regular at our house! (I guessed at the 1 1/2 oz of brown gravy mix, I did not have one on hand to get the exact weight - just use a standard pkg)
- Saute the beef and the onion in 2 T of butter.
- There will be alot of"juice" in the pan so I turn up the heat for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid.
- (Start your rice or your noodles at this point).
- Add the brown gravy mix to the water and stir to dissolve.
- Add gravy mixture to meat and stir constantly until thick.
- If you are in a hurry, you can add the sour cream at this point and be done with it or you can simmer the meat and gravy until your noodles or rice are done, then add the sour cream right before serving.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Makes 4 large servings.
- (If you like red wine, you can add 1/2 cup of red wine and 1 cup of water for the liquid).
- (You can also add mushrooms if desired).