1/3 Photos of Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff
Pvt Amys Mom's Note:
This is a quick version of the old time favorite. Its a great way to use up the leftover steak, tri-tip, roast, etc. This is a regular at our house! (I guessed at the 1 1/2 oz of brown gravy mix, I did not have one on hand to get the exact weight - just use a standard pkg)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the beef and the onion in 2 T of butter.
- 2There will be alot of"juice" in the pan so I turn up the heat for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid.
- 3(Start your rice or your noodles at this point).
- 4Add the brown gravy mix to the water and stir to dissolve.
- 5Add gravy mixture to meat and stir constantly until thick.
- 6If you are in a hurry, you can add the sour cream at this point and be done with it or you can simmer the meat and gravy until your noodles or rice are done, then add the sour cream right before serving.
- 7Serve over rice or noodles.
- 8Makes 4 large servings.
- 9(If you like red wine, you can add 1/2 cup of red wine and 1 cup of water for the liquid).
- 10(You can also add mushrooms if desired).
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.1
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 1193.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g