1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Bean Burrito Casserole
Little Bee's Note:
I got these from Razzle Dazzle Recipes and they are delicious and fairly low fat. I modified a few ingredients to suit our tastes and you can serve them with whatever garnish you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans or 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained (or mix if you like)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 dash chili powder (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 12 7-inch flour tortillas or 12 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- low-fat sour cream (to garnish)
- green onion, choppped (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
- 1To make the filling:.
- 2In a large heavy skillet cook the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, add the beans, and mash about half of them coarse with a potato masher.
- 3Add the tomato sauce, the cumin, the chilies, chili powder, and salt and black pepper to taste, simmer the mixture, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until it is slightly thickened.
- 4Working with 1 warmed tortilla at a time (keep the others covered while working with each) spread about 3 tablespoons of the filling down the center of each tortilla.
- 5Working from the sides fold in the ends and then roll the tortillas enclosing the filling.
- 6Arrange the burritos, seam sides down, in one layer in a baking dish, sprinkle them with the Monterey Jack, and bake them, covered with foil, in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with green onions and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Bean Burrito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 803.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese