Mrs Goodall's Note:
I think this is the only recipe I actually made out of some low-cal cookbook I bought. This is NOT a recipe for frozen or canned beans, use fresh and using enough garlic is the key. I usually use about 12 - 15 cloves. Like the title says, it's really quick, easy and awesome...I think it's also healthy!! Healthy is not one of my favorite cooking terms, so if it's healthy and I like it, you know it's good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth (use fresh, canned low-fat or low sodium, whatever you like)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 sprig thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, pressed (I use up to 15 cloves)
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths (basically cut so they will fit on a soup spoon)
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons parsley
- crouton (or crostini, optional)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce to a simmer.
- 3Press in garlic.
- 4Add beans.
- 5Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 6Adjust seasonings.
- 7Beat egg well in a small bowl.
- 8Temper egg by ladling some hot broth into the bowl.
- 9Stir the soup while adding the egg to the simmering broth.
- 10Add pepper to taste.
- 11Top with croutons crostini if you choose.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick, Easy, Awesome Green Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1724.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: