Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick & cheap way to make interesting truffles. They make great gifts. Prep time doesn't include chilling time. These are also nice using other dired fruits.....
- 397 g sweetened condensed milk
- 70 g butter
- 35 g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 35 g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 75 g dates, finely chopped
- 200 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 300 g dark chocolate, melted
- Combine Sweetened Condensed Milk and butter in a sauce pan, cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture is light golden in color. Remove from heat.
- Add nuts, dates, apricots and coconut to the cream mixture then mix thoroughly. Once the mixture cools, shape it into small equal size balls. Chill the balls in the freezer.
- Dip the chilled truffles in the melted chocolate and place them on a tray that is lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate the truffles until firm.
- Optional: Decorate with swirl patterns using melted white chocolate piped on with a fine nozzle or using a folded paper cone.
- Store the truffles in a plastic container in layers separated by wax paper in the refrigerator.