- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water and apples in pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer approx 25 minutes, or until soft -- stirring occasinally.
- Slightly mash apples. Add sugar, cinnamon and all spice.
- Mix well, and let simmer about 5 more minutes.
- If you want a smoother texture sauce, pour into a blender, and Puree until desired texture.