Recipe by Deb's Recipes
A traditional autumn dessert that's delicious served with vanilla ice cream. I've often made this recipe "diabetic-friendly" without sacrificing taste or quality by using Splenda No-Calorie Sweetener. Directions are included.
Top Review by atwblondie
LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! Quick, simple, and delicious. I also added a little more than a dash of allspice and have used lime juice instead of lemon juice. I had to make two in one day because at the first taste it was gone by 8:00 am.
- 6 -8 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (such as Granny Smith)
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss apples with lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon; turn into an 8x8" baking pan that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray; dot with butter.
- Cut together flour, brown sugar, and butter until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes until apples are tender; serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- VARIATION: This recipe can be made diabetic-friendly by substituting Splenda for the granulated sugar and substituting 1/2 cup Splenda for 1/2 cup of the brown sugar - the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar is still used.