Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fruit salad has been in my family for years - I used to make it with my grandma all the time. I looked for a variation of it here, but couldn't find it so thought id post it.
- 3 -4 cups fruit cocktail
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry
- Jell-O instant pistachio pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Strain fruit cocktail and cherries. Mix ingredients except cream and pudding.
- Fold in whip cream, then fold in pistachio pudding until all fruit is covered with creamy pistachio mixture.
- Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
My husbands aunt makes this whenever we come over for her traditional birthday dinner. She uses fresh fruit instead of fruit cocktail. She adds banannas and pineapple and omits walnuts and raisins. I believe she makes it the day before so the fresh fruit blends with the other ingredients. Yum!
I grew up w this aswell . I have also looked several places for a recipe for this delish desert . Thank You