Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was faced with another "what do I do with all of this leftover turkey" dilemma, when I came up with this recipe. My kids gobbled it up and even went for seconds (which never happens)! The best part, this came together in 30 minutes from start to finish. Can't beat that!
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles (I use Essenhaus Homestyle Noodles)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- In a large pot add chicken broth and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles to broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add turkey,cream of chicken soup and peas.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for an additional 8 – 12 minutes, until noodles are cooked to desired tenderness (according to package directions).
Great idea for using leftover turkey/chicken. My family enjoyed it. The seasonings were a nice combination - a bit bolder than most poultry/noodle recipes which is great because I used low-sodium broth and omitted the salt (for health reasons) and it still had great flavor. I used a national brand of egg noodles that did not add much of their starch to the broth so it did not come out as creamy as it would had I used homestyle/dutch noodles as you indicated. Because of this I stirred in an additional can of cream of chicken soup. Family-pleasing and budget-friendly, this will be a keeper. Thanks landlocked#2.