Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is based on one in Deborah Madisons "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" and I use it nearly weekly. It's simple and easy. It has a nice balance of tangy and peanutty and is delicious on steamed broccoli, raw red bell pepper, pan seared tofu and soba noodles. Please enjoy:-)
- 3 tablespoons natural unsalted creamy peanut butter (non-hydrogenated)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium sized bowl mix all ingredients except the cilantro. Check for seasoning and adjust chili sauce to your taste.
- You may need to add a little more water depending on how thick you like your sauce.
- Add cilantro and enjoy over your favorite veggies, cold noodles, or anything really:-).
Really great & EASY peanut sauce!! I used apple vinegar instead of rice & it worked great. Thanks so much!! :) I'll definitely make this one again!
I was looking for a quick peanut sauce to go with Recipe #128935 and this fit the bill The cilantro adds a nice flavor Also, this was excellent on steamed broccoli! Thanks Aioli, for posting- Roxygirl
Sooo good and EASY! I always seem to mess up the ones I have to cook! I used this over rice noodles, and used a bit of the cooking liquid instead of regular water, because I was afraid the natural peanut butter I used wouldn't combine properly. It worked just fine. Thanks!