Recipe by SusieQusie
These don't have the yeasty Danish dough but are good for a quick treat.
Top Review by Skylar
I have been making these since 7th grade home-ec and let me tell you I am drooling right now thinking about them. I don't like plain biscuits but these are so buttery and sweet they are the perfect combo. The only difference is I have never made them with cream cheese and probably wouldn't since it adds fat and it is still good without it. Now I can keep this recipe here instead of my 7th grade cookbook LOL!
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves (or your favorite fruit)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Blend baking mix, butter, cream cheese and sugar until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in milk to form a dough (about 15 strokes).
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- With the back of the spoon, make a well in the center of each Danish and fill with 1 teaspoon of preserves.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Make glaze by mixing sugar and milk till it's of drizzling consistency. With the tip of a spoon, drizzle over warm rolls.