Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Rachel Ray. You must use the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe or the cupcakes don't turn out! **Cook's note: April 2007- I have made these muffins several times with the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe cake mix and they turn out wonderful.
- 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 314.66 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 (12-portion) muffin tins with paper cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on medium speed until moistened and smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins, stirring it occasionally to redistribute the chocolate chips.
- The batter will nearly fill each liner to the top.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the tops of the cupcakes.
- Bake until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Frost with your favorite icing.
Made these muffins and think I messed up. I used a generic brand of chocolate cake mix and the mix when added to water and oil was very liquid. I thought maybe it was meant that way... After 20 minutes, the muffins were still not baked and had to bake them 10 minutes more... then the bottom of the muffins were burnt... So sorry Juenessa - will make these again with the right kind of cake mix and make another review!