This is a quick & dirty weeknight supper recipe that is very filling and takes little effort to pull together. I really enjoy the taste of hamburger and spinach together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package pillsbury pizza dough (sold in tubes in refrigerator section with biscuits and ready to bake cookies)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- tomato sauce (I recommend Classico brand)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Season ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper to taste.
- 3Brown beef.
- 4Open pizza crust package and slice into 2 or 3 sections depending on how hungry you are!
- 5Stretch dough sections a bit to thin them out and to make room for the filling.
- 6Layer beef, cheese, and spinach on each dough section.
- 7Wrap dough around filling.
- 8Bake on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- 9Serve with warm tomato sauce for dipping.
- 10Tips: I like to wrap the crust around the filling so that all four sides overlap on top.
- 11Then I flip them over so that they bake on the overlapping sections to prevent the bottom from falling out.
- 12You can patch any thin spots before baking by pulling dough off the thick spots and pressing it over the thin area.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Dirty Hamburger Spinach Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.3 mg
- Sodium 483.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: