Recipe by MadCatKim
This is my hubby's favorite pasta dish and is so quick and easy to make. Leftovers freeze well and they also reheat in the microwave very nicely. We take this to work for lunch a lot. The recipe is a combination of recipes from Prevention and Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks.
Top Review by S in PA
This was quick and easy. The taste was good. I ended up adding some cornstarch to the chicken broth mixture, because it was too thin to pour over the chicken. Even with that addition, the sauce was too thin.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (farfalle and gemelli are nice alternatives)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) packageperdue pre-cooked chicken strips
- 10 ounces chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Melt better over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Add a little more than you think or it gets lost in the broth and pasta.
- Cook until mushrooms are browned a bit.
- Don't worry about them getting too dark.
- The chicken broth will rehydrate them and lighten them up.
- Add chicken strips and broth.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until chicken is heated and broth is close to a boil.
- Pour over pasta and serve immediately.