Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dinner buns are nice for dinner on the run! They're so cute!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and mayonnaise. Stir with a fork until everything is blended and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon into well-greased (or paper-lined) muffin pan, filling the cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from pan, let cool and serve slightly warm.
This turned out quite dense; but, i'm not complaining. I had unexpected company & needed something to serve w/ Spaghetti. So, I used this recipe & added about 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 2 cloves garlic (pressed), couple of shakes of parmesan cheese. Then when they were done, i brushed them w/ butter. They had great flavour & worked to mop up the juices from the sauce. If you're looking for a light bun, this isn't your recipe.
Not what I expected, very bland.
Very Good! I made these with whole wheat flour tonight with Recipe #11340. They were a great combination. I didn't add mayo. (I thought it sounded a little strange). I used paper cupcake liners, and the buns stuck to the paper terribly. Next time I'll grease the pan, or add something to make the buns a little less sticky. Made these again with #207305. tonight, I used rice milk for my liquid and did add Veganniase. They still stuck to the paper liners, but I imagine they wouldn't with regular mayo. The taste was great!