Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
This dinner buns are nice for dinner on the run! They're so cute!
Top Review by um-um-good
This turned out quite dense; but, i'm not complaining. I had unexpected company & needed something to serve w/ Spaghetti. So, I used this recipe & added about 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 2 cloves garlic (pressed), couple of shakes of parmesan cheese. Then when they were done, i brushed them w/ butter. They had great flavour & worked to mop up the juices from the sauce. If you're looking for a light bun, this isn't your recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and mayonnaise. Stir with a fork until everything is blended and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon into well-greased (or paper-lined) muffin pan, filling the cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from pan, let cool and serve slightly warm.